The Otahu Cup is not running in 2018. Hope to be back 2019!
Saturday 7th January
Because of the tides times the Surf Race is in the morning and the Endurance Races in the afternoon. This will give the best conditions for both events.
- 9:30 : Surf Race Registration : Whangamata Esplanade
- 10:00 : Surf Race Breifing : Whangamata Esplanade
- 10:30 : Surf Race Start : Main Beach, location to be advised
- 1:00 onwards : Endurance / Kids Race Registration : Estuary Boat Ramp (Kotuku Street)
- 1:50 : Kids Race Breifing : Estuary Boat Ramp
- 2:00 : Kids Race Start : Estuary Boat Ramp
- 2:20 : 5 / 10km Race Breifing : Estuary Boat Ramp
- 2:30 : 5 / 10km Race Start : Estuary Boat Ramp
- 6:00 : Prizegiving and BBQ : 106 Apperly Street Whangamata.
Registration and briefing on the grass at the north end of Esplanade Drive. Look out for Starboard flags and tent. Click here for map. Exact location of race will depend on where the surf is breaking best.
1km, 5km & 10km Races
Registration, start and finish 100m east of the Otahu Estuary boat ramp. Drive to the end of Kotuku street and park there. Walk along grass at the edge of Estuary and look out for Starboard flags and tent. Click here for map.